Thursday, August 03, 2006

Our trip to Grandpa's, the good, the bad, & the ugly.

Mostly good, but the bad and the ugly came first. We left Friday night hoping that the baby would sleep on the way down. John was going to drive first, then I would pick up about half way through. All was going well until the baby woke up. I climbed into the backseat and got him out of the carseat to nurse him so he would go back to sleep. It was all I could do to keep from throwing up all over him. He finished and I put him back in his seat and climbed back into the front, hoping against hope it would pass. It didn't. We had to pull over, but the night air made me feel well enough to keep going. So I popped some dramamine and hopped in the driver's seat. Well that lasted about 10-15 mins and I had to pull over on the side of the interstate (about 10 miles north of Atlanta) and yak my guts out. So we decided to stop and get a hotel for the night and try again in the morning. After that it was smooth sailing! I drove the whole way and the baby slept almost the whole way. Once we arrived it was nearly naptime again, but once he saw Grandpa it was all over! Those two could not get enough of each other. They played and laughed and walked and ate and played and laughed ... if I weren't still nursing I don't think I'd would have held my son at all. Grandma Cathy was loads of fun as well. She found all sorts of things he just loved to play with, especially her hair! We all had such a great time, thanks Dad! You are a fabulous Grandpa! Unfortunately we did have to leave. The ride home was uneventful, as ever parent hopes it is. But that poor little monkey, once he realized there was no more Grandpa around, it was just sad! But I talked to Grandpa today and we've got another trip in the works, so we'll see. Hopefully that monkey won't have to wait too long.

No comments: