Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Milestones

L.J. is a human parrot, he can and does repeat everything. To date we've managed not to use any less than desirable language. Until today, when we were driving down the road and I spilled something. So I cry out, "Aw, Crap!" to which my little parrot replies, "aw-crap, aw-crap, aw-crap, aw-crap". Luckily I completely ignored him, so I'm hoping that he lets it go. Yesterday he was sitting in the floor playing and I was on the phone. He looked up at me and said, "Mommy?" - "Yes, baby?" - "L.J.'s heart"(while pointing to his chest) - "Yes, baby, that's L.J.'s heart" ... and Mommy melts! He loves to sing the alphabet song, but he prefers the letters A, O, & R. He also prefers the numbers 3, 7, & 11. He eats really well - broccoli, tomato, carrot, potato, chicken, peanut butter, etc. He likes to sing, dance, jump, swing, run, and read. He sat on the couch this morning while I was feeding Cissy and read a book - TO HIMSELF! Now obviously he can't actually read, but he made up the story as he turned the pages. He is so awesome!

Cissy can do some pretty amazing things these days too. She can roll over, in both directions. She laughs, coos, and babbles. She is still crying (ALOT) and we are going to see the pediatric gastroenterologist next week. We have been to the dermatologist and the lactation consultant already this week. The LC said there was nothing more she could do :( And the dermatologist said not to worry about her birthmark, just to keep an eye on. It may need to be removed later, but only if it starts to grow abnormally. She is growing, just on the slow side - not that you would be able to tell that from looking at her (but I'm her Momma and I notice these things). She is meeting or exceeding all of her developmental milestones. She is such a pretty pretty princess! She loves people and for people to talk to her.

I guess that's about it for now. I'll try to post some more pics when I get a chance. Love you all - would love to hear from you (hint-hint)!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Well, be glad Aw Crap is the worst you did!

Sorry to hear Phyliss finally hit the advice wall on you. :( Bummer.