Friday, July 27, 2012

A Little Brag

We've been working with Roman on his anger management skills.  We talked with a translator about how all families fight and everyone gets angry, but how we choose to handle it makes a big difference.  We tried to give him some healthy options for managing his anger and frustration.  He has done so well!!  He put all of our suggestions to use and will come tell me when he needs some space.  He has also learned to forgive more quickly.  I am so proud of him!  This week we are working on sportsmanship.  He is so competitive!  Bless his heart.  But it's really hard on L.J.  I almost just let it go, but decided while on the phone with a Russian-speaking friend to address it.  He said he would try, but he really likes to win ;)  Welcome to the club, buddy!  But, I've already noticed a difference.  And I am so proud of how hard he is working.
I need to brag a little on my crew as well.  L.J. has been so generous, sharing practically everything he has.  Roman wanted one of his stuffed animals, but I told him that we would need to ask L.J. first.  L.J. took several days to decide and I made sure he understood that he would not be "loaning" it.  Finally today he decided that Roman could take it back to Ukraine with him.  I am so proud of him.
Finally, I need your prayers during this last week.  He's pointed to the calendar several times and made a sad face and said, "bye-bye".  Y'all this is killing me.  I am trying to keep it together, for his sake, but more often than not I suck at that.  He starts patting my back saying, "it's okay, it's okay".  Yup, I'm awful.  So, like I said, please pray.  Pray for the time we have left, pray for our departure day (next Thursday), and pray for my kids.  It tears me up that poor Gabe is going to lose one of favorite people in the world and I have no way of preparing him for it.  Sad Mommy time :(  Thanks everyone!

No comments: