Friday, July 20, 2012

Lake Day

Last Sunday we went to the Grack's for a day at the Lake with some other host families.  We all had a great time.  We ate, played ball, swam, and went out on the speed boat.  Items of note: we went all the way to Salisbury to get my parents boat, only to find that it wouldn't run :(  Turns out when my Mom took it to the shop, one of the pontoons was almost full of water.  Such a blessing that it wouldn't run that day!  Also, I have never been on a speedboat and in all likelihood will never be on one again.  I haven't screamed that much since I gave birth!  Actually that's an exaggeration, I didn't scream that much giving birth.  But, Roman and the chaperones, Olga & Ivita, thought it was hysterical!  It was nice to be able to talk with them also.  Ivita's English is pretty good, but Olga probably knows as much English as I know Russian.  But she did give me an "A" for effort, while trying to communicate with her and Roman.  It was very nice to be able to spend some time with the other host families as well, to share stories and strategies, to encourage one another.  So a big "Thank You" to the Grack's for hosting and to all the other host families for making it such a wonderful day!  By the time we got the boat back to my Mom's and then made it home it was almost midnight (OUCH!).  Made for a bumpy Monday, but we'd do it all over again if we could!


No comments: