Friday, July 20, 2012

Some Days It's a Struggle

I think it's been over a week since I last blogged.  Part of the reason is because I've been so completely worn out by the end of day, which lately has been later and later.  The other reason is because I'm really not sure what to say.  I don't want to sound like I am complaining or that Roman is a "bad" kid, but some days are just really hard!  Most of Roman's social skills are counter-productive and self-serving.  I find it difficult to remain patient and gracious when he is so demanding and selfish.  We are working hard on manners and forgiveness, but it is work and we are not always successful.  I try to remember that he just does not know any better.  I know God has called us to this mission and I know He will work in us and through us, but it is hard not to get discouraged some days.  On a more hopeful note, he does really well with sharing.  There are very few things that he won't offer to share, even without being asked.  He is also a little homesick, he misses his friends and his country.  I think that is all very reasonable and understandable.  We did have a friend come over and translate for us so he would understand that all families fight and have problems, but we also love and forgive.  We explained that he would probably be upset again, but if he lost his temper, there would be consequences.  We explained the consequences and that he should apologize.  He understood and explained a few feelings he was having, which is definite progress.  Please pray with us!

Prayer Requests:
  • that he would learn to trust us
  • that he would learn mercy and kindness
  • that we would have love abundantly

1 comment:

Momma said...

Keep going dear, you are doing great at overcoming the obstacles. Remember, some days were a struggle before Roman arrived. See you tomorrow. Love ya, mean it. LOL