Friday, July 06, 2012

So blessed

New sunglasses!  He's so cool!
Today was such a good day!  Today was a Nana day.  I love Nana days.  For those of you new to my world, Nana days are when Nana comes to my house and watches ALL my kids so that I can run errands in peace or grab lunch with a friend.  Today was a little different, since Roman would need to stay with me, but it was still very nice!!  Before Nana arrived though, Roman and I went over the schedule for our day and I must say I think that really helped him.  Certainly it must be unsettling to never know what is going on or what is coming next, so I hope to do this with him from now on.  After Nana arrived, Roman and I met up with my Mom for lunch and then got his haircut.  Before we went home we had to stop at the grocery store (yes, AGAIN)!  I thought grocery shopping with small kids was tough, but with a 15 yr. old, holy cow.  My hats off to all you Mamas out there that are already in the throws of this stage.  It was good for both of us to have some time to spend together without interruptions.  He loves to laugh and to make me laugh.  He did very well when I explained, as best I could, that we would not be buying certain things, because they are not healthy.  We got home and he unloaded the groceries, all by himself, without being asked and helped me put them away!  I am so proud of him!!  We were finally able to get in touch with a friend to help us translate a few things that I hope will help, mostly issues with cultural manners.  I went to check the mail and found an anonymous gift card to Harris Teeter.  Thank you!  Thank you!  Thank you!!!  I appreciate the help, but am so encouraged to know that we are not in this alone!  Your prayers and encouragement are vital!  Thank you, so, so much!  We have our first meeting with the folks from NHFC tomorrow at the park and I'm looking forward to seeing the other families and the chaperones! 

Prayer requests:
  • wisdom in setting and enforcing boundaries
  • that he would be more and more open to receiving love
  • the language barrier
  • please keep praying for his "forever family"

No comments: